Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Telephony, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Cert Prep: Network Security.
- For many decades, voice communications…and network traffic were completely separate entities.…Analog networks carried voice traffic,…while digital networks carried data.…Times have changed, however,…and these networks have converged.…Voice over Internet Protocol,…or VoIP technology now allows the use…of a single data network for both voice…and data communications.…VoIP works by converting voice signals…from analog to digital form,…and then simply transmitting them using…the same IP protocol that carries other…network communications.…
Users of VoIP technology may use a variety…of different devices to communicate.…These range from dedicated VoIP phones…that look like regular telephones,…but connect directly to a data network,…to soft phones that are simply software…running on a computer or mobile device,…or hardware used to bridge an existing analog…telephone network to a digital network…for communication over the internet.…The use of VoIP technology does introduce…some security issues that administrators must…be aware of as they design voice networks.…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.