- [Narrator] Network administrators should also be concerned…about the security of switches under their care.…One of the most important security tasks…surrounding switches is maintaining physical security…of the device.…Unlike routers, which are normally centrally located,…in secure data centers or network rooms,…switches are generally spread all over the place.…Providing connectivity at the edge of the network…in every building and floor, through out an organization's…physical facilities.…From a security perspective this can be a nightmare,…because it's critical to keep those switches locked away,…where nobody can physically access them…without authorization.…
The reason for this is simple,…if someone gains physical access to your switch,…they can take physical control of that portion…of the network.…Earlier in the course you learned how…Virtual Lands, or VLANs, may be used to increase the…security of networks by isolating unrelated systems…and users from each other.…Switch administrator should implement some common practices…
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.