Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Switch configuration security, part of CompTIA Security+ Exam Prep (SY0-401): Network Security.
- Network administrators should also be concerned…about the security of switches under their care.…One of the most important security tasks…surrounding switches is maintaining physical…security of the device.…Unlike routers, which are normally centrally located in…secure data centers or network rooms,…switches are generally spread all over the place,…providing connectivity at the edge of the network…in every building and floor throughout an…organization's physical facilities.…From a security perspective, this can be a nightmare,…because it's critical to keep those switches…locked away where nobody can physically…access them without authorization.…
The reason for this is simple.…If someone gains physical access to your switch,…they can take physical control of…that portion of the network.…Earlier in the course, you learned how virtual LANs,…or VLANs, may be used to increase the security of…networks by isolating unrelated systems…and users from each other.…Switch administrators should implement some…common practices to ensure the secure…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.