Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Storage networks, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] As we wrap up our discussion…of network security, let's turn our attention to a class…of special purpose networks, storage networks.…Storage networking has unique needs because storage networks…are used for bandwidth intensive communications…between computing systems and the storage arrays…that support them.…There are two main types of network storage.…Network Attached Storage, or NAS, are storage devices…that connect to a network and provide storage services…to other devices on that network.…
NAS devices are typically fairly simple and self-contained.…Devices accessing NAS storage use standard storage protocols…such as the CIFS protocol, used to access file shares…on Windows systems, or NFS, which is used for similar…purposes on Linux systems.…Larger storage needs require the use of Storage Area…Networks, or SANs.…These are massive arrays of devices that serve networks…with very large storage requirements.…
SANs differ from NAS storage in several ways.…First, they appear to the systems using the storage…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.