Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Storage networks, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Cert Prep: Network Security.
- As we wrap up our discussion of network security,…let's turn our attention to a class of…special purpose networks.…Storage networks.…Storage networking has unique needs…because storage networks are used for…bandwidth intensive communications…between computing systems and…the storage arrays that support them.…There are two main types of networked storage.…Network Attached Storage, or NAS,…are storage devices that connect to a network…and provide storage services to other devices…on that network.…
NAS devices are typically fairly simple and self-contained.…Devices accessing NAS storage use…standard storage protocols…such as the CIFs protocol, used to access file shares…on Windows systems,…or NFS which is used for similar purposes…on Linux systems.…Larger storage needs require the use of…Storage Area Networks or SANs.…These are massive arrays of devices that serve networks…with very large storage requirements.…
SANs differ from NAS storage in several ways.…First, they appear to the systems using the storage…as raw disks that the operating system may format…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.