After completing this video, the learner will understand the use of steganography to hide data within binary files.
- [Voiceover] Steganography is a concept related to…cryptography that you'll need to know to…pass the exam.…Steganography is the process of…hiding information within another file so…that it is not visible to naked eye.…It the art of hiding information…in plain sight.…And it is a particularly valuable…communication secrecy tool for those…who do not want others to know that…they are even communicating in the first place.…One of the most common steganography techniques…involves hiding text within…an image file.…
Image files are quite large and…contain millions of individual pixels.…Each of which is shaded an individual…color.…That's the reason that we talk about…the resolution of a photo in…terms of megapixels.…A 30 megapixel image has…30 million individual pixels.…Little colored dots.…Steganography makes slight modifications…to those pixels.…Perhaps adjusting the shade of…a pixel by one or two tones.…
To create a hiding space for other information.…If steganography slightly adjusted the shade…of a few thousand of those 30 million pixels,…
This course is part of a six-course series on the CompTIA Security+ exam, and is useful for IT professionals who wish to learn more about information security as well as students preparing to take the Security+ exam.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Applying symmetric and asymmetric cryptography standards
- Implementing key management, including key exchange and key stretching
- Working with public keys, trust models, and digital certificates
- Using transport encryption protocols
- Securing wireless networks
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Symmetric Cryptography
3. Asymmetric Cryptography
4. Key Management
5. Public Key Infrastructure
6. Transport Encryption
7. Wireless Security
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.