After completing this video, the learner will understand the risks involved with social networking and proper social networking security techniques.
- [Voiceover] While many people view social networking…as a way to chat with friends or share cat videos,…organizations take social networking very seriously.…Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are valuable…business tools that organizations may use…to connect with customers, communicate…with stakeholders, and recruit potential employees.…It's very important that these organizations…implement strong security practices…designed to keep their social network accounts secure.…One of the most common attacks against…corporate social media accounts is when…an attacker manages to hijack an account.…
This commonly occurs when an account…has a weak password, or the attacker manages…to use social engineering to trick someone…into granting him or her access.…For example, Tesla recently had their Twitter…account hacked, and the perpetrator posted…this tweet advertising that Tesla was giving away…vehicles to anyone who called a listed phone number.…The number belonged to a computer repair shop…in Illinois that was inundated with phone calls.…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.