Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Single sign-on and federation, part of CompTIA Security+ Exam Prep (SY0-401): Access Control and Identity Management.
- Identification and authentication can be annoying…process for end users and difficult to manage for…organizations the concepts of Federation and single sign-on…see through do some of this burden federated Identity…Management leverages the fact that a single individual may…have accounts are across a wide variety of systems went…organizations agreed to Fed rate their identity management…systems they share some of this information across the…organization's this reduces the number of individual identities…that user must have any has the burden on both the user and the…organization earlier but some federated identity management…systems when you log on to websites using your Google…Account Facebook Connect or Twitter account you're using…federated identity managem ent single sign-on goes a step…further and shares authenticated sessions are crossed systems…many organizations create SSO solutions within their…organizations to help users avoid the burden of repeatedly…authenticating in an SSL approach users log on to the…
Author Mike Chapple, an IT leader with over 15 years experience, introduces identification methods such as usernames and biometrics, as well as authentication methods to verify users, including multifactor authentication, password authentication, and single sign-on. He also discusses authorization concepts such as mandatory and discretionary access controls, which can help you restrict access to sensitive parts of your network. The course also covers best practices for ongoing account management, such as establishing a good password policy, managing user roles, and monitoring accounts, and what to do when you need to suspend or terminate access.
NOTE: We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. Our training prepares members to pass CompTIA certification exams and become qualified IT professionals. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Setting policies for usernames and access cards
- Implementing biometrics
- Combining authentication factors for multifactor authentication
- Using a Kerberos access control system
- Using access control lists such as Windows NTFS file permissions
- Role-based authorization
- Implementing account and password policies