Cloud computing creates a variety of new challenges for security professionals, but at the same time creates new opportunities for security controls. Learn how organizations can leverage cloud access security brokers and security as a service offerings.
- [Instructor] As organizations seek to outsource…components of their technology infrastructure,…they often turn to vendors to perform tasks…that they either consider commodities…or believe can be more efficiently…and effectively performed by a third party.…In some cases this means turning to outside firms…to provide critical security services.…Vendors that provide security services…for other organizations are known as…Managed Security Service Providers, or MSSPs.…
MSSPs play a critical role in an…organization's security program…and should be carefully monitored to ensure…that they are living up to their status…as trusted partners and are effectively meeting…the organization's security objectives.…MSSPs vary widely in the scope of their services…and may perform different services for different clients.…Some MSSPs take over complete responsibility…for managing an organization's security infrastructure.…
Others perform a specific task such as log monitoring,…firewall and network management,…or identity and access management.…
Instructor Mike Chapple has designed the training around the most recent version of CompTIA Security+, SY0-501, which expands coverage of mobile and cloud technologies. By learning about the topics in this course, you'll be prepared to answer questions from the latest exam—and strengthen your own organization's systems and defenses. To join one of Mike's free study groups, visit certmike.com.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Developing security baselines
- Leveraging standards
- Delivering and measuring user training
- Designing a secure network
- Designing secure systems, from the OS to peripherals
- Secure staging and deployment
- Securing smart devices and embedded systems
- Developing secure software
- Cloud computing and virtualization
- Securing hardware, facilities, data centers, and other physical risks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Security Design
2. User Training
3. Secure Network Design
4. Secure Systems Design
5. Secure Staging and Deployment
Software staging and release4m 51s
6. Embedded System Security
7. Software Development Security
8. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
9. Physical Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.