Walk through the types of questions found on the Security+ exam.
- [Instructor] The Security Plus exam contains…two different types of questions:…standard multiple choice questions,…and some specialized performance based questions.…Let's look at each of these categories.…The multiple choice questions…are usually pretty straight forward.…For most of them you'll simply be presented…with a fact based question, such as the one shown here,…and ask to choose the correct answer…from four possible choices.…The second type of question that you'll face…is the performance based exam question.…On some CompTIA exams, such as the A Plus exam,…you might be asked to perform a task…on a simulated computer system.…
Fortunately, the Security Plus exam…doesn't currently include these tasks.…Instead, you'll find questions where you're asked to drag…items into the correct order, sort things by category,…indicate different components on a network diagram,…or perform similar vendor agnostic tests.…When answering exam questions,…remember to use solid test taking strategies.…Here are a few pointers for you:…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Careers available in information security
- Exploring the six Security+ domains
- Reviewing the types of questions found on the exam
- Requirements for passing the Security+ exam
- Using assessment quizzes and practice tests
- Continuing education requirements
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/16/2018. What changed?
A: We added one video on stackable certifications.