After completing this video, the learner will understand the components of the security policy framework, including policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- [Voiceover] Security professionals do a lot of writing.…We need clearly written guidance to help communicate…to business leaders and users and each other…about security expectations and responsibilities.…In some cases, we're setting forth mandatory rules…that everyone in the organization must follow,…while, in other cases, we're simply giving advice.…Each of these roles requires communicating…a little bit differently.…That's where the security policy framework comes into play.…
Most security professionals recognize a framework…consisting of four different types of documents.…Policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.…Security policies are the bedrock documents…that provide the foundation for an organization's…information security program.…They are often developed over a long period of time…and very carefully written to describe…an organization's security expectations.…Compliance with policies is mandatory,…and policies are often approved…at the very highest levels of an organization.…
Because of the rigor involved…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.