From a security perspective, hiring a new employee is one of the most important decisions that an organization makes. In this video, learn about the importance of candidate screening, reference checks, and employment/education verification. Additionally,
- [Instructor] From a security perspective,…hiring a new employee is one of the most important decisions…that an organization makes.…The insider threat is real…and organization's employees have privileged access…to all kinds of sensitive information and systems.…Of course, it's impossible to filter out…all of the bad apples,…but organizations have a responsibility…to ensure that security plays a prominent role…in the hiring process.…Spending a little extra time on security issues…before hiring an employee can help avoid costly mistakes.…
Every organization should perform pre-employment screening…to verify the backgrounds of potential hires.…The timing and contents of this screening will vary…based upon the type of organization, the job position,…and legal constraints in the specific state or country…where the employee is hired.…Some common components of pre-employment screening…include checking for a criminal background…in all states and countries…where the employee has lived or worked.…Verifying that an employee is not listed…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.