Learn about the Security+ exam's testing environment and what to expect when you arrive at the test center.
- You'll be taking the computer-based Security+ exam…at a Pearson VUE Testing Center…probably not far from your home or office.…These centers, typically located…in office buildings and strip malls,…are nondescript locations that conduct testing…for a wide variety of programs.…You might find yourself sitting for the exam…wedged in between a healthcare professional…taking a nursing exam and a student…tackling a graduate school admissions test.…When you arrive at the test center,…you'll go through a check-in process…at the front desk, where the exam staff…check your identification, take your photograph,…and electronically capture your signature.…
After all, this is an information security exam.…You didn't expect to get away…without multifactor authentication, did you?…Speaking of identification, you'll need to bring…two forms of identification along with you to the exam.…You will not be admitted to the exam without them.…Your primary identification must be…a government-issued identification card…that contains both a photo and a signature.…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Careers available in information security
- Exploring the six Security+ domains
- Reviewing the types of questions found on the exam
- Requirements for passing the Security+ exam
- Using assessment quizzes and practice tests
- Continuing education requirements
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/16/2018. What changed?
A: We added one video on stackable certifications.