After completing this video, the learner will understand the importance of training stakeholders on security policy, including role-based training, training around the privacy of personally identifiable information and training procedures, including the periodic review of training materials for content relevancy.
- [Voiceover] Security depends upon…the behavior of individuals.…An intentional or accidental misstep by a single user…can completely undermine many security controls,…exposing an organization to unacceptable levels of risk.…Security training programs help protect…organizations against these risks.…Security education programs include…two important components.…Security training provides users with…the detailed information that they need…to protect the organization's security.…
These may use a variety of delivery techniques.…But the bottom line goal is to impart knowledge.…Security training takes time and attention from students.…Security awareness is meant to remind employees…about the security lessons that they've already learned.…Unlike security training, awareness doesn't require…a commitment of time to sit down and learn new material.…Instead awareness efforts use posters, videos,…e-mail messages and similar techniques…to keep security top of mind…for those who have already learned the core lessons.…
Organizations may use a variety of different methods…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.