Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Security and business goals often conflict. How do you handle that?, part of Insights from a Cybersecurity Professional.
- Well, I don't think that security and business goals…are in conflict with each other.…The important thing for Information Security Professionals,…especially those that are new in their career to understand,…is that they're there to help the business…achieve its objectives.…If the business doesn't succeed,…the entire organization fails,…and security fails right along with it.…The real goal of Security Professionals…is to facilitate the business meeting its objectives.…At the same, making sure that we preserve…confidentiality, integrity, and availability.…
It's really important to remember that security…is not an end in and of itself.…It's a means to an end,…and that true objective is helping the organization…do whatever it is their mission is.…
- How does one break into the cybersecurity field?
- What are the various career tracks?
- How do organizations prevent a security breach?
- What are the compliance issues?
- Who is responsible for security in the cloud?
- How does IT security impact other business divisions?
These are the kinds of insights that can help you explore a new career, focus on a course of study, or even prepare for an interview.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Your Career
2. Careers in Security
3. Security Incidents
4. Security in Business
6. Cloud Computing
7. The Future of Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.