After completing this video, the learner will be able to identify the security controls that enhance safety goals. These include fencing, lighting, locks, CCTV, escape plans and drills, escape routes and testing controls.
- [Voiceover] Earlier in this course,…you learned how physical security controls…can protect the assets of an organization.…Many of the same controls that apply to physical security,…also protect the safety of individuals in the organization.…Life safety must always be the paramount concern…in any security program.…If you are asked any questions on the exam…that involve the safety of the individuals,…be sure that your answers reflect this priority.…After all, a human life is much more precious…than any system or data.…
Let's take a quick look at some physical security controls…and how they enhance safety.…Fences keep intruders out of an organization,…and they also create a secure perimeter…that boosts the safety of the individuals inside.…And just as lights help security teams identify attackers,…who might want to jeopardize the confidentiality, integrity,…or availability of physical and electronic assets,…they also keep out individuals who wish to do harm…to an organization's employees.…
Similarly, closed-circuit television systems…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.