Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video SNMP, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Narrator] The simple network management protocol or SNMP,…provides network administrators with a means to…centrally configure and monitor network devices.…On large networks, it's clearly not practical…to manage every network device manually.…Administrators would have to spend large…portions of their time running around the network,…either physically or virtually,…adjusting configurations and collecting log entries.…This is time consuming work,…that is not particularly productive.…
SNMP automates many of these tasks,…performing the heavy lifting for administrators,…who can then spend their time doing…design work or higher level monitoring.…Let's take a look at how SNMP works.…There are three components involved…in SNMP network administration.…Managed devices are all the…network devices around your organization.…These include routers, switches, wireless access points,…firewalls and any other device that supports SNMP.…
The SNMP agent is a piece of software that runs…on the managed device and allows it…to communicate with the SNMP service.…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.