Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video SNMP, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Cert Prep: Network Security.
- The Simple Network Management Protocol…or SNMP provides network administrators with…the means to centrally configure and monitor…network devices.…On large networks, it's clearly not practical to…manage every network device manually.…Administrators would have to spend large portions…of their time running around the network,…either physically or virtually,…adjusting configurations and collecting log entries.…This is time consuming work that is not…particularly productive.…
SNMP automates many of these tasks,…performing the heavy lifting for administrators,…who can then spend their time doing design work…or higher level monitoring.…Let's take a look at how SNMP works.…There are three components involved in SNMP…network administration.…Managed devices are all of the network devices…around your organization.…These include: routers, switches, wireless access points,…firewalls and any other device that supports SNMP.…
The SNMP agent is a piece of software that runs on…the managed device and allows it to communicate with…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.