Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Router configuration security, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Presenter] Routers also play…an important role in network security.…Routers often sit in front of network firewalls,…and can perform filtering that reduces the load…on the network firewall.…Routers are not great at performing complex filtering,…but network administrators can configure them…to perform basic screening of network traffic.…As an example, let's take a look…at the filtering technology available in Cisco routers.…While the syntax I'll describe…in these examples is specific to Cisco devices,…all routers can perform the same basic functionality.…
One exam tip before we dive into this material.…You won't need to know how to configure Cisco devices…when you take the Security+ exam.…You should, however, be familiar with the type…of filtering that you can perform on a router…and how it differs from the capabilities of a firewall.…Cisco routers support the concept of access control lists.…While you most often hear this term used…to describe file system permissions,…in this case, access control lists…are similar to firewall rules.…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.