After completing this video, the learner will understand the risk assesssment process, including the identification of threats, threat vectors, risk and vulnerabilities. The learner will also understand the importance of assessing risk likelihood and impact through qualitative and quantitative risk assessment.
- [Voiceover] Risks are everywhere in the world…of information security.…From hackers and malware, to lost devices…and missing security patches, there's a lot…on the plate of information security professionals.…Of course, addressing each one of these risks…takes both time and money.…Therefore, information security professionals…need to prioritize their risk lists, in order to…spend these precious resources where they…will have the greatest security effect.…That's where risk assessment comes into play.…Risk assessment is the process of identifying…and triaging the risks facing an organization…based upon the likelihood of their occurrence,…and the expected impact they will have…on the organization's operations.…
We need a common language around risk.…In everyday life, people often use the terms…threat, risk, and vulnerability interchangeably.…They're actually three different concepts.…A threat is some external force that jeopardizes…the security of your information and systems.…Threats might be naturally occurring,…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.