Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Removable media control, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] In a high security environment…you may implement many security controls…designed to prevent users from stealing…sensitive information over the network.…However these controls may be easily defeated…by a user who simply attaches a USB drive to a system,…copies data onto that drive,…and then walks out of the building with it.…If you are concerned about the use of removable media…in your organization you can take…two different steps to address this threat.…
First you can limit or block the use of removable media…and second you can track all of the times…that a user copies data to a removable device.…Let's take a look at how you can do this…on a Windows system by creating a group policy object.…Here I am in the Group Policy Management Editor…and I'm going to edit this group policy…first to block the use of removable media devices.…I'm going to expand the Computer Configuration…section of this policy, then expand Policies,…Administrative Templates, then the System folder.…
And I'm going to go down here…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.