Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Remote network access, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Cert Prep: Network Security.
- Earlier in this course, you learned how…remote users can use Virtual Private Networks,…or VPMs,…to virtually place their devices on a remote network,…using an encrypted internet connection.…There are two other technologies commonly used…to gain remote network access.…Remote Shells, and Remote Desktops.…Remote Shells, commonly found on Linux systems,…provide administrators with command-line access…to a system located on a remote network.…The user sees the normal Linux prompt,…and may interact with the server as if he or she…were present at the keyboard.…
Remote desktops, commonly used on Windows systems,…provide administrators with graphical access to the desktop…of the remote system.…In early Linux systems, remote users used a protocol…called telnet to gain Remote Shell access to Linux systems.…However, this protocol was not built with security in mind.…It doesn't use any encryption, and anyone eavesdropping…on a telnet connection can see everything that the user…is typing, along with the remote system's responses.…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.