After completing this video, the learner will understand the incident recovery and reconstitution process, including incident remediation.
The incident mitigation process…brings an organization to a semi-stable point…in time where the security threat has passed,…and the organization has resumed business operations…if they were otherwise disrupted.…Next, incident responders enter the recovery…and reconstitution phase of incident response.…The goal of this phase is to remove any effects…of the incident and return the organization…to normal operating status,…with all technology systems in place,…and protected against future attacks.…
This phase includes finalizing the technical response…to the incident.…The details of this technical response will vary,…depending upon the type of the incident.…Some of the actions you may need to take…during the incident recovery effort,…include rebuilding compromised systems,…removing malware from infected hosts,…disabling breached user accounts,…and restoring corrupted or deleted data.…These steps help administrators restore the company…to its normal operating state.…
This isn't the only important technical process…that takes place as an incident response wraps up, however.…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.