Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Public cloud tiers, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Cert Prep: Network Security.
- Public cloud services come in a variety…of different forms.…Let's take a look at the three tiers…of public cloud computing.…Software as a service, infrastructure as a service,…and platform as a service.…In a software as a service model, the public cloud provider…delivers an entire application to its customers.…The customers don't need to worry about processing,…storage, networking, or any of the infrastructure…details of that cloud service.…The vendor writes the application, configures the servers,…and basically gets everything running for customers…who then simply use the service.…
Very often, these services are accessed through…a standard web browser so very little, if any,…configuration is required on the customer's end.…Common examples of software as a service applications…include email delivered by Google Apps…or Microsoft Office 365 and storage services that…facilitate collaboration and synchronization…across devices such as box and Dropbox.…SaaS applications can also be very specialized…such as credit card processing services,…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.