Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Protocol analyzers, part of CompTIA Security+ Exam Prep (SY0-401): Network Security.
- Protocol analyzers are an important tool…available to both network and security professionals.…Protocol analyzers allow administrators to…peer into the actual packets traveling on a network,…and inspect them in deep detail.…This is very useful when trying to…troubleshoot network issues or…investigate security incidents.…Protocol analyzers must be used carefully,…however, because they can also jeopardize…the confidentiality of sensitive information…when they're used in the wrong hands.…
Let's take a look at a protocol analyzer in use.…We're going to use Wireshark, the most common…and free protocol analyzer.…Right here I'm running Wireshark on…a server that runs in the cloud,…and I have an RDP session open to…the system from my laptop that's…running over Port 3389.…I'm going to go here and just click Start to…initiate the packet capture, and immediately…the screen begins filling up with lines of communication.…Each one of these lines on the screen,…and you can see it started scrolling already,…there's so many of these.…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.