The open nature of wireless networks makes them perfect targets for attacks that prey upon radio wave propagation. Attackers can simply use strong antennas and pull signals out of the air for analysis. In this video, learn about propagation attacks, such as jamming, interference, and wardriving.
- [Instructor] The open nature of wireless networks…makes them perfect targets for attacks…that prey upon radio wave propagation.…Attackers can simply use strong antennas…and pull signals out of the air for analysis.…Let's talk about a few wireless attacks…based upon radio wave propagation.…Jamming and interference attacks…seek to deny users legitimate access to a wireless network.…Attackers don't try to gain access to the network itself,…or eavesdrop upon communications.…They simply want to stop other people…from using the network.…
In a jamming attack,…the attacker brings a powerful transmitter…into the vicinity of the wireless network,…and broadcasts a very strong signal…that overpowers the legitimate wireless access points.…It's the equivalent of placing someone in a crowded stadium…and asking them to have a conversation…with someone located a few feet away.…The noise overwhelms the conversation.…In war driving attacks, hackers go mobile.…They walk or drive around a neighborhood…using a powerful wireless antenna,…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.