Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Propagation attacks, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Cert Prep: Threats and Vulnerabilities.
- The open nature of wireless networks…makes them perfect targets for attacks…that prey upon radio wave propagation.…Attackers can simply use strong antennas…and pull signals out of the air for analysis.…Let's talk about a few wireless attacks…based upon radio wave propagation.…Jamming and Interference attacks seek to deny users…legitimate access to a wireless network.…Attackers don't try to gain access to the network itself,…or eavesdrop upon communications,…they simply want to stop other people…from using the network.…
In a Jamming attack, the attacker brings…a powerful transmitter into the vicinity…of the wireless network and broadcasts…a very strong signal, that overpowers…the legitimate wireless access points.…It's the equivalent of placing someone in a crowded stadium…and asking them to have a conversation…with someone located a few feet away.…The noise overwhelms the conversation.…In War Driving attacks, hackers go mobile.…They walk or drive around a neighborhood…using a powerful wireless antenna…and grab whatever information they can capture…
NOTE: We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. Our training prepares members to pass CompTIA certification exams and become qualified IT professionals. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Understanding backdoors and logic bombs
- Defending against denial of service and password attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Detecting social engineering attacks
- Preventing wireless eavesdropping
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Deterring attacks
- Securing your network
- Scanning for and assessing threats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/25/2016. What changed?
A: We updated eight movies to stay on top of the latest trends in IT security, and the latest objectives on the "Threats and Vulnerabilities" domain of the CompTIA Security+ exam.
2. Understanding Attack Types
3. Social Engineering Attacks
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Mitigation and Deterrence
7. Discovering Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.