The most costly and dangerous attacks are often perpetrated by trusted individuals. Current and former employees, contractors, and other insiders may exploit their privileged access to systems in an effort to steal information or money or cause havoc. In this video, Mike Chapple explains the threats posed by internal attackers to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of an organization's data.
- [Instructor] While many threats do come…from outside the organization,…the most dangerous threats lurk within…the walls of the enterprise.…The most costly and dangerous attacks…are often perpetrated by trusted individuals.…Current and former employees,…contractors and other insiders…may exploit their privileged access to systems…in an effort to steal information or money,…or cause havock.…These attacks that come from within…are known as the insider threat.…
The statistics surrounding the insider threat are alarming.…More than half of all organizations that experienced…a security breach fell victim to an insider attack.…When insider attacks occur,…almost three-quarters are handled internally…without any external reporting.…And in two-thirds of cases,…insider breaches performed by individuals…with trusted access are more costly to remediate…than external attacks.…In many cases insider attacks occur…at the hands of the most trusted users,…such as system administrators and executives.…
But not all attacks use these privileged accounts.…
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.