Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Preventing insider threats, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Cert Prep: Threats and Vulnerabilities.
- While many threats do come from outside the organization,…the most dangerous threats lurk within…the walls of the enterprise.…The most costly and dangerous attacks…are often perpetrated by trusted individuals.…Current, and former employees,…contractors, and other insiders…may exploit their priveleged access to systems…in an effort to steal information, or money,…or cause havoc.…These attacks that come from within…are known as the insider threat.…The statistics surrounding the insider threat are alarming.…
More than half of all organizations that experienced…a security breach fell victim to an insider attack.…When insider attacks occur…almost three quarters are handled internally…without any external reporting.…And, in two thirds of cases, insider breaches…performed by individuals with trusted access,…are more costly to remediate than external attacks.…In many cases, insider attacks occur at the hands…of the most trusted users,…such as system administrators, and executives.…
But not all attacks use these privileged accounts.…
NOTE: We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. Our training prepares members to pass CompTIA certification exams and become qualified IT professionals. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Understanding backdoors and logic bombs
- Defending against denial of service and password attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Detecting social engineering attacks
- Preventing wireless eavesdropping
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Deterring attacks
- Securing your network
- Scanning for and assessing threats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/25/2016. What changed?
A: We updated eight movies to stay on top of the latest trends in IT security, and the latest objectives on the "Threats and Vulnerabilities" domain of the CompTIA Security+ exam.
2. Understanding Attack Types
3. Social Engineering Attacks
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Mitigation and Deterrence
7. Discovering Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.