SQL injection attacks prey upon the fact that many modern dynamic web applications rely upon underlying databases to generate dynamic content. In this video, learn about SQL injection vulnerabilities in web applications and how to prevent them using input validation.
- [Instructor] SQL injection attacks…use web applications as a mechanism to…illegitimately access database servers…that support web applications and…retrieve sensitive information or make…unauthorized modifications to the database.…Many modern applications rely upon databases…to help generate dynamic content on the fly.…Consider, for example, an online shopping website…that has millions of items in its catalog.…Users can visit the site and search for just about…anything using any combination of key words.…
Obviously, the site developers can't imagine every…possible search term and create pages in advance.…That's where databases come into play.…Instead of creating those pages in advance,…developers write dynamic web applications.…These web applications reach out to databases…to obtain content as they build pages…that respond to user requests.…Let's look at an example of a SQL query.…You don't need to know the specifics…of SQL for the Security Plus exam,…but it is helpful to be somewhat familiar with query syntax.…
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.