After completing this video, the learner will understand how to build a secure physical perimeter through the use of locks, mantraps, video surveillance, fences, lighting, signs, barricades and protected distribution cabling.
- [Voiceover] Many physical security controls…are concentrated around the perimeter of the facility.…Attempting to deter, prevent, and detect intrusions…before an intruder gains access…to interior secured areas.…Locks are a familiar type of physical security control.…They restrict access through a door, or other locked portal…to those who possess the key required to unlock them,…This key may be a traditional physical key…or it may use some other authentication factor.…
The locks that you are most familiar with…are called preset locks.…They use a hardware key to lock and unlock them,…and will only work if the correct key,…that the lock has been preset to work, is inserted.…Incorrect keys will not open the lock.…Cipher locks are often use on areas…where many people require access.…They have a physical or electronic keypad,…and individuals who wish to unlock the cipher lock…must enter a combination to open the lock.…
Biometric locks use a physical characteristic of the user…such as a fingerprint, retinal pattern,…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.