Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Physical asset management, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] Cyber security teams often find themselves…responsible for the physical security…of technology resources.…The loss and theft of computing devices exposes…organizations to millions of dollars of losses each year,…and when those devices are lost or stolen,…it's critical to understand what was on them…to perform a security impact analysis.…Any good physical security program must begin…with an inventory process.…Quite simply, you can't keep track of your hardware…if you don't know what hardware you own.…
The hardware inventory process should be integrated…with the provisioning and decommissioning processes…that occur throughout the life cycle of a piece of hardware.…Most organizations accomplish this through the use…of an asset management system that either stands on its own…or is part of a larger IT service management platform.…Let's walk through the life cycle of a typical piece…of hardware, and how the inventory might change over time.…First, a user states a need for a new piece of hardware.…Let's say that I want a new laptop.…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.