Learn about the requirements for passing the Security+ exam, as well as exam scoring procedures.
- Once you complete the Security+ exam,…you'll immediately receive an unofficial score report…from the test proctor.…First, be thankful for this immediate feedback.…I remember taking some security exams years ago…that were paper-based exams that required you to travel…to one of a handful of cities offering the test…on a specific day.…After sitting in a hot room all morning,…you simply turned in your test and went home…to await your results six to eight weeks later.…Things have come a long way.…
People often ask me about the passing score…on the Security+ exam, and I typically respond…that you shouldn't focus on a passing score.…Just prepare well and do your best.…But that's not generally a satisfying answer.…The exam is scored on a scale ranging…from 100 to 900 points.…To pass the exam, you must score at least 750 points.…You'll see your scaled score on the score report.…Here's the catch.…This number doesn't really mean very much…other than to indicate whether you passed or failed.…
You can't convert it to a percentage…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Careers available in information security
- Exploring the six Security+ domains
- Reviewing the types of questions found on the exam
- Requirements for passing the Security+ exam
- Using assessment quizzes and practice tests
- Continuing education requirements
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/16/2018. What changed?
A: We added one video on stackable certifications.