After completing this video, the learner will understand the requirements for passing the Security+ exam, as well as exam scoring procedures.
- View Offline
- Once you complete the Security+ exam,…you will immediately receive…an unofficial score report…from the test proctor.…First, be thankful for this immediate feedback.…I remember taking some security exams years ago…that were paper-based exams,…that required you to travel…to one of a handful of cities…offering the test on a specific day.…After sitting in a hot room all morning,…you simply turned in your test…and went home to await your results…six to eight weeks later.…
Things have come a long way.…People often ask me about the…passing score on the Security+ exam.…And I typically respond that you…shouldn't focus on the passing score.…Just prepare well and do your best.…But that's not generally a satisfying answer.…The exam is scored on a scale…ranging from 100 to 900 points.…To pass the exam,…you must score at least 750 points.…You'll see your scaled score…on the score report.…
Here's the catch: this number…doesn't really mean very much…other than to indicate whether…you passed or failed.…You can't convert it to a percentage…
Join cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple as he shares with you tips on how to get ready for the exam and what to expect. He provides an overview of each exam topic, study tips, and suggestions for how to prepare yourself for the exam using practice assessments. He also provides instructions on how to register to take the exam.
This course works in coordination with the six-course Security+ series and provides a 90-question practice exam as a post-course assessment.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Evaluating information security careers
- Determining the value of acquiring certification
- Reviewing the six domains in the CompTIA Security+ exam
- Anticipating the testing environment
- Preparing for different types of questions
- Meeting the requirements to pass the exam
- Practicing for the exam