After completing this video, the learner will have a working knowledge of the public key infrastructure (PKI) and digital certificates.
- [Voiceover] The Public Key Infrastructure, or PKI,…solves many of the practical issues associated…with the web of trust by introducing…the concept of Certificate Authorities.…Instead of relying upon the peer-to-peer…trust relationships that Zimmerman proposed…for the web of trust model, the Public Key Infrastructure…relies upon the trusts participants have…in highly-trusted centralized service providers.…These providers, known as Certificate Authorities,…form the basis of the Public Key Infrastructure.…
Certificate Authorities verify the identity…of individuals and organizations,…and then issue those individuals and organizations…digital certificates vouching that…the public key associated with that entity…actually belongs to them.…The process is fairly similar to the one we use…to issue government identification cards…in the physical world.…If you want to obtain a driver's license,…you go to your region's Department of Motor Vehicles.…When you arrive, you're asked to prove your identity…through a fairly rigorous process.…
This course is part of a six-course series on the CompTIA Security+ exam, and is useful for IT professionals who wish to learn more about information security as well as students preparing to take the Security+ exam.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Applying symmetric and asymmetric cryptography standards
- Implementing key management, including key exchange and key stretching
- Working with public keys, trust models, and digital certificates
- Using transport encryption protocols
- Securing wireless networks
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Symmetric Cryptography
3. Asymmetric Cryptography
4. Key Management
5. Public Key Infrastructure
6. Transport Encryption
7. Wireless Security
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.