Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Operating system security, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] System Administrators are responsible…for the configuration of operating systems…to meet an organization's security control requirements.…This is an extremely important responsibility…because attackers can often exploit security vulnerabilities…to gain access to a vulnerable system…and then even potentially leverage that access…to compromise an entire network.…Let's take a look at some important…operating system security issues.…There are many different security settings…in any operating system that you can customize…to meet the security needs of your organization.…
You'll want to establish a security baseline…for your organization that includes the settings…important in your environment.…One of these is limiting the access that users have…to administrative resources,…because this level of access…can result in security compromises.…Let's take a look at how to limit…administrative access on a Windows system.…Here I am on the desktop of a Windows system.…Windows manages many security settings through…
Looking for study partners?Join the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam study group
Earning the CompTIA Security+ certification can help kick-start your career in information security. This course—the second installment in a series readying you for version SY0-501 of the CompTIA Security+ exam—prepares you to tackle the Technologies and Tools domain. Instructor Mike Chapple—an IT leader with over 15 years of experience—covers key topics, including how to install network components that can help support enterprise security, leverage security and monitoring technologies, troubleshoot security issues, improve the security of mobile devices, and secure common protocols. Visit certmike.com to join one of his free study groups.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.