Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video OpenID Connect, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] The OAuth and OpenID Connect protocols…provide a federated single sign on experience for the web.…You've probably already used the OAuth…and OpenID Connect protocols on the web.…You just might not know them by those names.…Many popular web services use these protocols.…You'll often find websites relying…upon identity providers including…LinkedIn, Google, Facebook, Amazon and others.…Let's take a look at these protocols in action.…
I'm visiting Lynda.com in a web browser,…and I'd like to go ahead and log in.…I'll click the Sign In button,…and then I'm provided with two options.…I can either go ahead and continue logging in…with a username from Lynda.com,…or I can use the Sign in with LinkedIn button to go ahead…and connect using my LinkedIn credentials.…I'm going to go ahead and click Sign in with LinkedIn,…but what I want you to notice first is…that right now I'm on the Lynda.com domain.…You can see that in the address bar…at the top of the browser.…
Once I click the Sign in with LinkedIn button…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.