Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of CompTIA Security+ Exam Prep (SY0-401): Access Control and Identity Management.
- View Offline
- Thanks for watching…the CompTIA Security+ Access Control…and Identity Management Course.…It's been a pleasure joining you…for this journey through the world…of information security access controls.…I hope that as you've completed this course,…you found it interesting and helpful…in preparing for the Security+ exam.…You should now have a solid foundation…for the Access Control and Identity Management domain…of the Security+ exam.…Study up, and you'll be ready to go.…Good luck with the rest of your test preparation.…
Author Mike Chapple, an IT leader with over 15 years experience, introduces identification methods such as usernames and biometrics, as well as authentication methods to verify users, including multifactor authentication, password authentication, and single sign-on. He also discusses authorization concepts such as mandatory and discretionary access controls, which can help you restrict access to sensitive parts of your network. The course also covers best practices for ongoing account management, such as establishing a good password policy, managing user roles, and monitoring accounts, and what to do when you need to suspend or terminate access.
NOTE: We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. Our training prepares members to pass CompTIA certification exams and become qualified IT professionals. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Setting policies for usernames and access cards
- Implementing biometrics
- Combining authentication factors for multifactor authentication
- Using a Kerberos access control system
- Using access control lists such as Windows NTFS file permissions
- Role-based authorization
- Implementing account and password policies