Join Lisa Bock for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of IT Security Foundations: Core Concepts.
- Thank you for watching Foundations of IT Security: Core Concepts. Hopefully you're more comfortable with understanding core security concepts, types of malware, internet and wireless security and encryption basics. If you're interested in learning more, please check out the IT segment of the Lynda.com library where new courses are added all the time. If you're interested in packet analysis, please check out my Wireshark course. If you're interested in encryption, please take out my Cryptography course.
And you might want to check out Basic Installation and Configuration of Windows Server 2012 with Timothy Pintello. I hope to see you again soon.
Note: This course maps to a number of the exam topics on the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Security Fundamentals 98-367 certification exam and is recommended test prep viewing.
- Evaluating risks, threats, and vulnerabilities
- Minimizing the attack surface
- Avoiding worms and viruses
- Protecting your system from spyware
- Making web browsers more secure
- Securing wireless transmissions
- Encrypting files, folders, and drives
- Using virtual private networks