After completing this video, the learner will understand the objectives of the Network Security domain of the Security+ exam.
- View Offline
- CompTIA provides a very detailed curriculum…for the Security exam.…It organizes the content into six major domains…of information security,…network security,…compliance and operational security,…threats and vulnerabilities,…application, data, and host security,…access control and identity management…and cryptography.…If you'd like, take the time to look through…the official exam objectives…and get a sense for the things that you'll learn…as you prepare for the Security exam.…
Chances are that you're already familiar with some topics,…while others are brand new to you.…That's fine.…This course is designed to give you…all the knowledge you'll need to pass the Security exam…no matter where you are in your security career.…In this video and the five that follow,…I'll walk you through each one of the six Security domains…and give you just a quick flavor of what the exam covers…and once you're done with these brief introductions,…I have an entire course ready and waiting for you…on each one of these six domains.…
The first domain of the Security exam, network security,…
Join cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple as he shares with you tips on how to get ready for the exam and what to expect. He provides an overview of each exam topic, study tips, and suggestions for how to prepare yourself for the exam using practice assessments. He also provides instructions on how to register to take the exam.
This course works in coordination with the six-course Security+ series and provides a 90-question practice exam as a post-course assessment.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Evaluating information security careers
- Determining the value of acquiring certification
- Reviewing the six domains in the CompTIA Security+ exam
- Anticipating the testing environment
- Preparing for different types of questions
- Meeting the requirements to pass the exam
- Practicing for the exam