Cybersecurity analysts can only secure a network when they have good situational awareness of the systems and devices on that network. With dozens of new devices appearing on the networks of large organizations every day, keeping tabs on network topology
- [Instructor] Cybersecurity analysts…can only secure a network…when they have good situational awareness…of the systems and devices on that network.…With dozens of new devices appearing on the networks…of large organizations every day,…keeping tabs on network topology is quite difficult…without specialized tools.…Network mapping is the practice of scanning networks,…looking for systems that are willing to respond…to a variety of connection types.…This is by nature an imperfect activity,…because many systems are configured…to ignore unsolicited connection attempts.…
However, network mapping does provide…an important glimpse at network activity,…especially when combined with other information.…It's particularly useful at performing…rogue system detection.…Nmap, short for network mapper,…is the most common network mapping tool.…It's a free download, available from nmap.org,…and is in the toolkit…of pretty much every cybersecurity professional.…There are versions of Nmap available…for many different versions of Linux, Windows,…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.