Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Network intrusion detection and prevention, part of CompTIA Security+ Exam Prep (SY0-401): Network Security.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention systems…play an extremely important role…in the defense of networks against…hackers and other security threats.…Intrusion Detection Systems sit on the network…and monitor traffic searching for signs…of potential malicious activity.…For example, an Intrusion Detection System…might notice that a request bound for a web server…contains a SQL injection attack.…That a malformed packet is attempting to…create a denial of service.…That a users logging attempt seems unusual…based upon the time of day…and prior patterns of activity.…
Or that a system on the internal network…is attempting to contact a…Botnet command and control server.…All of these situations are examples of security issues…that administrator would obviously want to know about.…intrusion Detection Systems identify the situation,…and then alert administrator to any issues…for further investigation.…In many cases, administrators are not…available to immediately review alerts and take action,…or are simply overwhelmed by the sheer volume of alerts…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.