After completing this video, the learner will understand network forensic analysis techniques as well as the use of Big Data analysis in forensic investigations.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Forensic investigators…are also often interested in the communications…sent and received by targeted systems over a network.…They may not have access to the system itself…or may simply want to get a complete picture…of a suspect's communications.…That's where network forensics come into play.…Network transmissions are digital,…consisting of 1s and 0s sent across…some form of network media.…Ethernet networks send electrical impulses over copper wire.…
Fiber-optic networks use pulses of light…transmitted over strands of glass.…And, wireless networks use radio waves…to send digital bits through the air.…Whatever media is used, anyone with access…to that media can capture those pulses as they travel.…Copper and fiber-optic cables may be tapped.…Wireless radio signals may be intercepted.…Switches and routers can be compromised.…An attacker might use these techniques…to surreptitiously eavesdrop on network communications.…
Forensic analysts may use the same tools…to monitor suspicious network traffic.…The most comprehensive way to capture network information…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.