Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Network access control, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] Network administrators normally need…to restrict network access to authorized users,…and ensure that users only have access…to resources that are appropriate for their roles.…That's where a technology called Network Access Control,…or NAC, plays an important role.…NAC technology intercepts network traffic…coming from devices that connect to a wired…or wireless network, and verifies that the system…and user are authorized to connect to the network…before allowing them to communicate with other systems.…
NAC uses an authentication protocol called 802.1x…to perform these access control tasks.…Here's a look at how it works.…There are three systems involved in any 802.1x transaction.…The first is the device that wishes to connect…to the NAC-protected network.…This device must be running a special piece…of software called a supplicant.…This supplicant is responsible for performing all…of the NAC-related tasks on behalf of the user and system.…The second device involved in the authentication…is the switch that the device connects to…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.