Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Mobile security enforcement, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] Modern mobile devices are packed…with a wide variety of features,…and new features appear on the market…each time that a manufacturer upgrades devices.…Security professionals should carefully…monitor the use of these features…and enforce restrictions on features…that may pose a risk to security.…In an earlier video, I explained…how you can use mobile device management,…or MDM solutions, to restrict the configuration…of mobile devices…and enforce your organization's security policies.…
You should know that there are some ways…that users might attempt to circumvent these controls.…First, if you depend upon the device manufacturer's…app store to provide trusted applications,…you should know that there are a wide variety…of third-party app stores available on the internet,…and third-party app stores may not be as reliable…and secure as the manufacturer's official app store.…Installing apps from unofficial sources…is known as sideloading,…because it bypasses the normal…application loading procedure.…
This is much more of a problem on Android devices…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.