One of the primary objectives of mobile device management software is ensuring that an organization can track all of its mobile device assets. In this video, learn about various mobile device tracking technologies including asset tracking, inventory contr
- [Instructor] One of the primary objectives…of mobile device management software…is ensuring that an organization can track…all of its mobile device assets.…Inventory control is a critical component…of enterprise security programs.…When smartphones and tablets are lost or stolen,…the organization loses a physical asset,…as well as the data stored on that device…if it's not encrypted.…While organizations may implement encryption…and other security controls…that prevent thieves from gaining access…to information stored on a device,…they still incur the financial loss…associated with the device itself.…
With smartphone and tablet prices…now reaching upwards of $1,000 for high-end devices,…that's a very serious concern.…Consider that over 3.1 million mobile devices…are stolen annually in the United States alone,…and start to do the math on costs.…Faced with these statistics, organizations must maintain…accurate inventories of mobile devices…to be financially responsible.…Asset tracking software helps an organization keep tabs…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.