In this video, Mike Chapple addresses the different mobile deployment models, including COPE, CYOD, corporate-owned, and VDI.
- [Instructor] Organizations use a wide variety…of approaches to deploy mobile devices that are…owned by either the company or employees.…While the BYOD approach works for some organizations,…others seek more control over the devices…or don't want employees to bear the burden…of purchasing and maintaining their own mobile devices.…For this reason, some alternative strategies…have cropped up that supplement BYOD…and the traditional company owned device model.…
The choose your own device, or CYOD strategy,…recognizes that different employees have different…personal preferences when it comes to devices.…Some may want to use an iPhone,…while others want Android devices.…Some prefer the smallest form and factor possible,…while others would like a large screen.…Employees might prefer smart phones…or cellular-enabled tablets.…In a CYOD strategy, employees select the equipment…that they would prefer to use and then the company…purchases it and manages it for them.…
Some organizations following the CYOD strategy…may simply provide employees with an allowance…
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.