After completing this video, the learner will understand how to measure security and compliance training efforts.
- [Voiceover] Security education is an important component…of any organization's information security program.…If employees don't know their security responsibilities,…you can't depend upon them to do their part…to protect information and systems.…It's important that organizations take steps…to measure the effectiveness…of their security education efforts.…In an earlier video,…we looked at one way to measure security awareness…through the use of simulated phishing campaigns.…
That certainly is a valid way to measure the effectiveness…of anti-phishing education programs,…but you don't need to go to those great lengths…to measure the effectiveness…of your security education program.…Security awareness measuring efforts…don't need to be complicated.…One easy way to measure the effectiveness of your program…is simply to ask users…how they feel about security education in a survey.…You might simply ask,…"How well do you think our organization prepares you…to deal with information security threats?"…or "Do you know your information security responsibilities?"…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.