- [Instructor] Malware is one of the gravest threats…to the security of computers and mobile devices.…Malware is short for malicious software,…and consists of software designed for the sole purpose…of disrupting the confidentiality, integrity,…and availability of information in systems.…There are many different kinds of malware,…but let's talk about four types…that you'll need to know for the exam,…viruses, worms, trojan horses, and spyware.…Viruses are malicious code objects…that spread from system to system after some human action.…
They might be transported on removable media,…or spread via email attachments, for example.…They carry a malicious payload that carries out…the virus author's intent, such as stealing data,…or joining a system to a botnet.…Worms carry payload similar to those carried by viruses,…but have one important distinction:…they spread on their own power,…and don't require user action to move from system to system.…Instead, they scan networks seeking out…vulnerable systems to compromise.…
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.