Browser add-ons provide third-party developers with the ability to customize the browsing experience by adding functionality. In this video, learn about the security risks associated with malicious browser add-ons.
- [Instructor] Browser add-ons…are a valuable way to add functionality for web users,…but they can also become malicious.…Let's take a look at how add-ons and extensions work…and what security risks they pose.…Browser add-ons provide third party developers…with the ability to customize the browsing experience,…by adding functionality.…Some example of this include adding e-mail functionality,…such as returning messages to the inbox…after a specified period of time,…posting web pages to social media sites,…managing passwords, or running video conferences.…
There are, however, some security risks inherent…with browser add-ons.…First, you might not know who wrote the code.…Someone malicious may embed Trojan horses…within a browser extension.…Second, the permissions may be overly broad,…granting third parties access to your personal information.…Let's take a look at how you can manage…browser extensions in Chrome.…If we go back to the settings screen,…and click on extensions,…you can see the extensions currently enabled.…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.